Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Blog Post 1

 My Top 5 News Outlets 

    I do not typically check the news everyday with the majority of being quiet negative. However, on the occasions that I do want to be informed or educated on certain topics these are typically the news sites that I look at to get my information. 


The BBC, British Broadcasting Corporation, is the nationwide newscaster for the United Kingdom. The site covers topics such as news, sports, pop culture, TV/film, weather, and much more! It is a more reliable outlet because it is the national newscaster and it covers every subject that a news site would. I am also a major fan of the English culture and life, so when I can get educated on their county I jump at the chance!

The Washington Post – ONA Industry Directory

    While I do love my British news, I still need to stay updated on my country, the infamous United States. When I want to see what going on with our country I tend to look at The Washington Post. This was the newspaper my family would receive when I was growing up so I was familiar with this source. However, since I'm GenZ I get their news online now! They are one of the most well known news outlets in the US and one of the oldest ones. I feel they are not as one sided and certain papers or other news outlets. I enjoy reading about both sides of subjects and I think this paper does it best! 

TikTok Increases Maximum Video Length to 10 Minutes - Variety

    While I am embarrassed to be admitting this, I do get a lot of daily news from TikTok. Now, this is most likely the most unreliable news source, but the app's algorithm is so advanced that get it knows exactly what I want to see and hear. The majority of news I get from here is pop cultured related or news based on other things than politics. For example, today on the app I learned that one of my favorite makeup brands is going bankrupt. Also, something that helps make the information I learn on the app is the ability to include images on videos and the comment sections. I can see what people are thinking on the specific videos I watch. Through TikTok I am able to see certain news about smaller based topics that are important to me. 

Home | NBCUNIVERSAL MEDIA

    Another news outlet I tend to use is NBC, National Broadcasting Company. Majority of the time I use this channel is because I watch some shows on NBC. However, I take NBC, like every site I use, with a grain of salt. They tend to be more Democratic, which is not bad, but I do like to hear both sides of politics. So I use NBC only some of the time.

Instagram on the App Store

    One of my most used news sources is Instagram. I feel in this day-in-age Instagram is majority of people's most used news outlet. You are able to follow sites such as NBC, BBC, FOX, etc. and get a quick look into what is going on and what the post is about. But it also allows you to be able to go to the website that the posts article is on. I also think that since it's so personable and curated to your liking it is more appealing to people. It's more appealing and practical to me, which is why I typically use this app!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

My Relationship With Technology Technology is one of the most important and prominent things in our lives today. It is something at this poi...